01794 874 586
Anti Wrinkle Injections
Anti Wrinkle Injections
Procedure time: 15-30 minutes
Pain: Mild Discomfort
Full recovery: Immediate
Results duration: 3-4 Months
Risks: Bruising, incomplete result, eyelid drooping
Which areas can be treated?
Most of our clients request treatment on one or more of these facial areas:
- Frown lines (In between the eyebrows)
- Crow's feet (Corners of the eyes)
- Horizontal forehead lines
Other areas can be treated, such as an eyebrow lift, wrinkles around the lips, dimples on the chin, neck cords, wrinkling of the nose (bunny nose) and the jaw muscles (to help prevent jaw clenching).
Hyperhidrosis - Hands, feet & underarms for excessive sweating
1 area - £120
2 areas - £165
3 areas - £220
Small areas - £50
Platysmal Bands - £120
Massesters - £120
For Hyperhidrosis (Excessive sweating) we charge £330.
What is Botox?
Botox is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, which reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those frown lines between the brows to form over time.
How will anti-wrinkle injections improve lines and wrinkles?
Normally, your brain sends electrochemical messages to your muscles to make them contract and move. These messages are transmitted from a nerve to the muscle by a substance called acetylcholine. When too much acetylcholine is released, muscles become overly active and spasm or tense up.
Anti-wrinkle injections block the nerve from releasing acetylcholine. As a result, the muscle spasms stop or are greatly reduced, providing relief from symptoms. Your healthcare provider will know how much Botox is needed to treat you effectively.
Will it hurt?
The Botox is injected with micro fine needles constituted with a solution of bacteriostatic saline which reduces the irritation and the treatment time is usually less than 15 minutes.
How often do I need my Botox re-treated?
The effects of Botox usually last around three to four months but repeat treatments often lead to longer-lasting effects.
- Post treatment: Redness, swelling, tenderness and bruising may occur
- Occasionally a mild drooping of the eyelid can occur but this is very rare. In the unlikely event that it does happen, please contact the clinic so that we can get you booked in for a follow-up appointment.
- 30 minutes after having the injections do some gentle movement of the areas treated and keep your head upright and avoid heavy exercise for 4 hours.
- Avoid applying make-up for 12 hours post treatment
- For the following two weeks we advise to avoid extreme heat ie. Saunas, sunbeds, and steam rooms.
- Wrinkles usually begin to disappear from day three on wards but may take up to fourteen days for the full effects to become apparent.